What We Offer
Helping Addicts & Alcoholics for over 28 years
Ark House is a 12 Step residential rehab. Established in 1993, it has consistently provided effective & successful treatment for people who wish to overcome their addiction problems.
Alcohol or Drug Detox
Supporting you on your journey to recovery
Cost of Programme
The programme is priced £895 per week and includes 6 weeks to 6 month stays. Fast track home or inpatient detox is also available.
This will cover a full journey through the 12 Steps of recovery and a new life of freedom from the bondage of addiction.
Residential treatment works on the principal of establishing a fixed discipline and structure. This instills in the patient/service user the need for rules and boundaries that have to be adhere to. A fixed timetable of mandatory events such as lectures and group work and so forth modelled to mimic an established working day for the average individual, i.e. wake up at a given time, address personal hygiene requirements, attend to household chores, be busy during 9am – 5pm period as you would with employment. Take meals at fixed times, attend to specific tasks on an evening and then bedtime.
Residential treatment is holistic in that it addresses everything affecting the suffering addict and alcoholic such as debts, diet, discipline, routine, health as well as social interactions. Not just the presenting addiction symptoms.
Ark House has been in operation over two decades and in that time has successfully treated thousands of people using our in own in house 12 Step therapy model which includes:
- Therapy groups
- Lectures looking in depth at the 12 Steps and how it relates to our addictions
- One to one counselling
- Personalised course work resulting in developing your own personal recovery portfolio.
- Attendance of 12 Step fellowship meetings both in-house and external.
- You will be treated with dignity and respect at all times and we expect you to behaver in the same way
- You will full confidentiality except where the safety of someone else is involved especially a child
- You will be assigned your own therapist on admission
- Specific needs will be met such as diets for medical, ethical or cultural requirements
- Have a safe and comfortable environment
- You will be registered with a local GP on request
Your relationship with other clients will largely be one of mutual support, and is a central part of your recovery. We find most people develop a unique bond with their peers that lasts for many years.
- Mobile Phone (If one is brought it will be stored away securely)
- Computers or anything that connects to the internet such as smart watches, tablets etc
- Pornographic materials
- Illicit narcotics or prescription drugs not declared previously to staff
- Football shirts or other colours such as team scarfs, flags, banners etc
- TV’s, Portable audio-visual devices or DVD’s and DVD players
To help you answer some of these questions, we explain below what we can offer you, and how we can help you. Everything we do is based on our experience of more than 25 years of helping people into recovery.
We understand that addiction is an holistic problem and as such, issues such as benefit problems, debts, legal issues and so forth will need to be addressed. We offer help and guidance with this and have expert staff in place. We do operate on the principal that if an individual is capable of doing something for themselves, we will expect them to do it for themselves but with help support encouragement and guidance.
We understand that sometimes a person wishes to relocate after treatment and we offer help and advice with this but also if a person wishes to return home, we support this and work to put things in place to offer additional support.
Most of our residents do wish to return home, because they have a different perspective on things after working through the 12 Steps.
For other clients, we have good links with local landlords, whom residents can approach to find accommodation when they leave. Contacts for social housing, support organizations offering low cost furniture, whitegoods etc and also offer further support for social issues.
- Entering into treatment for yourself with no hidden agenda
- Be willing to go to any lengths for your recovery
- A real desire to want to stop
- An open mind
- Willingness to participate in groups and one to one to ones
- Be willing to comply to simple instructions and rules
- Honesty with regards yourself & with others
- Willingness to partake in groups and lectures (This is mandatory)
- Doctors / Dentists / Hospitals
- DWP / Probation/HMRC
- Housing / Landlords
- Social workers
- Debtors / Creditors
Ark House is a fully residential treatment centre utilising 12 Step therapy to address a person’s addiction issues. We are staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. All staff that work at Ark House have overcome their own personal addiction issues using the 12 Steps and are qualified in their own fields. Ark House is fully regulated by the Care Quality Commission and is fully compliant with all Care Standards.
We offer a tailored treatment package for the individual. The minimum length of time we offer is 6 weeks though we will say from the onset that we would prefer to work with people longer as time is an important factor in combating addiction.
We introduce you to the fellowships of Alcoholics Anonymous, Narcotics Anonymous and others whilst you are in treatment and the fellowships will then become an integral part of your aftercare.
We run aftercare sessions every Monday afternoon regardless of whether it is a bank holiday or not, the only exception is if Christmas day falls on a Monday. We have a 24-hour phone service to support people after they have left treatment who may come across issues that they need support with. We have a multi-faceted and interactive social media presence to allow ex clients chat to staff and ask for advice and guidance and also allow telephone access to your assigned counsellor during office hours. You will also be invited to join Ark House Grads, an organisation of past Ark Clients who help each other organise events and also carry the message of recovery forward.
All groups and lectures are mandatory as is any coursework given.
What you invest of yourself at Ark House will define what you get back from the program, therefore if you do everything requested to the best of your ability you will be rewarded with your recovery.
- At Least four weeks of medication
- Suitable clothing for at least one week (You will be given one, four-hour wash slot per week)
- Suitable waterproof footwear and a rain resistant coat
- Alcohol free toiletries & a towel
- Financial details if help is required
- Photo ID if possible
- If short trousers/skirts are to be worn they must cover the knee. Tops must cover shoulders